Click HERE for a handy Google Map with all of these locations!
Here is a list of our favorite local places to eat in the River City. If you’re in a rush and looking for fast food, there are plenty of options on Broad Street.
- Pho So 1: local favorite Vietnamese restaurant
- The Answer: “new Vietnamese American” fare, with extensive beer selection, including their own brews!
- Ellwood Thompson’s: local grocer with cafe, bakery, hot bar and to-go counter
- Weezie’s Kitchen: classic American fare with friendly bar staff
- Citizen Burger Bar: burger joint with emphasis on local fresh ingredients
- Sabai: authentic Thai street food, also known for their tasty cocktails
- Kuba Kuba: no-fuss Cuban cuisine; a Richmond staple
- Village Cafe: standard American dive-bar with some great breakfast options
- Bottoms Up Pizza: the biggest slices you can imagine
- Proper Pie Company: sweet and savory hand pies
Having RLX at the end of May means lots of sun and things to do outside! Check out some of the best:
- Belle Isle: an island in the James River perfect for hiking, swimming, and sunbathing
- Browns Island: breathtaking views of downtown Richmond and class IV rapids; be sure to take a stroll across the new Potterfield Memorial Pedestrian Bridge
- Canal Walk: check out some of the best urban murals on the East Coast
- Hollywood Cemetery: take a walk and explore the cemetery’s history, artwork, symbolism and famous residents
- Maymont Park: wander through the popular Japanese and Italian gardens, tour the historic Dooley mansion, or go to the petting zoo!
- Carytown: popular area for shopping with lots of restaurants and cafes
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts: great collections, plus an awesome sculpture garden. FREE ADMISSION.