Click here for a handy Google Map with all of these locations!
Here is a list of our favorite local places to eat in the River City. If you’re in a rush and looking for fast food, there are plenty of options on Broad Street.
- Union Market: Neighborhood cafe and grocery with a fresh and always delicious local and seasonal menu
- Mom’s Siam: local favorite Thai restaurant
- The Answer: “new Vietnamese American” fare, with extensive beer selection, including their own brews!
- Ellwood Thompson’s: local grocer with cafe, bakery, hot bar and to-go counter
- Perly’s: jewish deli restaurant specializing in brunch and classic dishes
- Citizen Burger Bar: burger joint with emphasis on local fresh ingredients
- Sabai: authentic Thai street food, also known for their tasty cocktails
- Kuba Kuba: no-fuss Cuban cuisine; a Richmond staple
- Village Cafe: standard American dive-bar with some great breakfast options
- Bottoms Up Pizza: the biggest slices you can imagine
- Proper Pie Company: sweet and savory hand pies
- En Su Boca: tex-mex dishes, craft beers & tequila cocktails
- Shyndigz: vibrant late night dessert cafe featuring giant slices of decadent cake and equally sweet alcoholic cocktails
- Charm School: cute and contemporary ice cream parlor serving coffee and tea, as well. Lots of great vegan options. The toasted marshmallow fluff is a -must-
- Scoop RVA: small-batch ice cream shop, churning unique signature and seasonal flavors
Having RLX at the end of May means lots of sun and things to do outside! Check out some of the best:
- Belle Isle: an island in the James River perfect for hiking, swimming, and sunbathing
- Browns Island: breathtaking views of downtown Richmond and class IV rapids; be sure to take a stroll across the new Potterfield Memorial Pedestrian Bridge
- Canal Walk: check out some of the best urban murals on the East Coast
- Hollywood Cemetery: take a walk and explore the cemetery’s history, artwork, symbolism and famous residents
- Maymont Park: wander through the popular Japanese and Italian gardens, tour the historic Dooley mansion, or go to the petting zoo!
- Carytown: popular area for shopping with lots of restaurants and cafes
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts: great collections, plus an awesome sculpture garden. FREE ADMISSION.
- The Circuit – Arcade Bar: arcade bar in Scott’s Addition with 70 arcade games, pinball machines, and skeeball lanes, as well as a 50-tap beer wall
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
- The Veil Brewing Co.
- Blue Bee Cider
- Isley Brewing Company
- Strangeways Brewing
- and many more!