Click HERE for a handy Google Map with all of these locations!
Here is a list of our favorite local places to eat in the River City. If you’re in a rush and looking for fast food, there are plenty of options on Broad Street.
- Pho So 1: local favorite Vietnamese restaurant
- The Answer: “new Vietnamese American” fare, with extensive beer selection, including their own brews!
- Ellwood Thompson’s: local grocer with cafe, bakery, hot bar and to-go counter
- Weezie’s Kitchen: classic American fare with friendly bar staff
- Citizen Burger Bar: burger joint with emphasis on local fresh ingredients
- Sabai: authentic Thai street food, also known for their tasty cocktails
- Kuba Kuba: no-fuss Cuban cuisine; a Richmond staple
- Village Cafe: standard American dive-bar with some great breakfast options
- Bottoms Up Pizza: the biggest slices you can imagine
- Proper Pie Company: sweet and savory hand pies
- Shyndigz: vibrant late night dessert cafe featuring giant slices of decadent cake and equally sweet alcoholic cocktails
Having RLX at the end of May means lots of sun and things to do outside! Check out some of the best:
- Belle Isle: an island in the James River perfect for hiking, swimming, and sunbathing
- Browns Island: breathtaking views of downtown Richmond and class IV rapids; be sure to take a stroll across the new Potterfield Memorial Pedestrian Bridge
- Canal Walk: check out some of the best urban murals on the East Coast
- Hollywood Cemetery: take a walk and explore the cemetery’s history, artwork, symbolism and famous residents
- Maymont Park: wander through the popular Japanese and Italian gardens, tour the historic Dooley mansion, or go to the petting zoo!
- Carytown: popular area for shopping with lots of restaurants and cafes
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts: great collections, plus an awesome sculpture garden. FREE ADMISSION.